Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HIMYM in it's end, so much like KNIM

Somewhat an irrelevant post and it's like a follow up to my recent post about KNIM.

The TV series How I Met Your Mother has finally ended with a full 9 seasons. I must say that it was quite a wonderful show with the last season not doing as great as its other seasons (one has mentioned that the whole of the last season is like a huge filler). It saddens me that Barney didn't end up with Robin because they're so amazing together but I guess, like their first break up's "excuse" too much awesome and they cancel each other out LOL! I was really ready for the two of them to be together and the destiny of the mother with Ted throughout the whole series, it just seemed so "match made in heaven"! Sigh...that aside, I'll miss Marshmellow and Lilypad- a clean and wonderful couple with their fair share of ups and downs but forever persevering like no other. But in all seriousness, let's get to the ending...I did not see the ending coming at all. I did not see the whole KNIM Haruto and Eba ending because of how hard they were pushing on the little clues of destiny!! In fact, I was a total fan of the mother. However it makes a lot of sense. Though, I can't describe how extremely bittersweet this last episode's last few minutes were. Although it was a long drawn out unbelievable love story that is quite amazing when I think about it (just think about it), at heart I wanted to see the mother grow old like an old couple with Ted. In general, this feels so much like KNIM (see last post). It's like Haruto and Eba in a way. Damn, it's so much like them but of course age is different and the time frame is many times more than KNIM but with added "bonus" of clues of destiny to the mother!! To tell  the truth, this whole series really is about how Ted in freaking in love with Robin. It makes sense. It makes a lot of sense especially since the mother has been out of the picture for 6 years....I need to mull over this ending because honestly, it's gone from bittersweet to (at heart) great disappointment. I don't want to hate it because in my mind, I know it's great but yep....my heart won't let me. Let's see what time to mull over this ending will fruit. Well anyways, Marshmellow and Lilypad FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment