Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Quick Post--Movie Unrelated to Manga

Hey guys,

This post is completely unrelated to manga and anime and the like but I just have to praise this movie I just watched. The Mortal Instruments, City of Bones is a young adult movie recently released, adapted from the trilogy The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I've been really anticipating to watch this movie since I saw the trailer and because I already read the books way before the movie was in the making and I'm so elated that I finally watched it!

Ok so most people have a bad impression of young adult adaptations because of Twilight (if you have a good impression well, that's your opinion) especially critics. Then there was Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in which was finally adapted for the big screen but I'm one of those people who didn't particularly feel it was as well put together as it could have been. Though I've only watched it once when it was released in theaters. The books I loved years before it was the hype but the movie was, in my opinion, put together awkwardly. However it is a complete foil to Twilight because it puts a badass girl as a heroine compared to utterly useless damsel...There was nothing in between to level out between the two extremes but I can't exactly say it's in the middle and I'll tell you why later but technically, I guess you can say The Mortal Instruments can be placed in between (but a lot close to Hunger Games than Twilight).

Now, people, this is one AWESOME ASS movie. You see, I read these books way before the movie came out and way before there was even any discussion about a movie adaptation. The plot is amazing and contained so much action and so much in just one book (hence the thickness) but the problem was that the books, in my opinion, weren't so well written (the plot is so good that it still draws you in, but you get bored sometimes). My friend can testify to that since she read it only once and she watched it with me today. The first time I read it, it was good but I second time around, I found it more difficult to get myself into it (though it could be also b/c I already knew what was going to happen). ANYWAYS, the plot is AMAZING and definitely had great potential to be a good movie. When I saw that trailer, I knew it was going to be good.

Watching experience? OH MY GOSH! I can't stress how amazing and awesome it was. It was so full of action, scenes transitioned from one to the next quite well, and the actors portrayed the characters so well (almost perfect cast for me)! The actors, I thought, portrayed the main pair exactly as  Cassandra Clare wrote them to be in the books; especially Jace who is pretty much a cocky douche with a heart, portrayed by Jamie Campbell Bower. The couple dynamic was awesome too between the two main characters, it was just wonderful and not at all corny cheesy over-dramatic love. The nondiegetic sound for scenes in the movie were great too! Loved it! Demons, Mundanes, Shadowhunters, Downworlders, and lastly Angels. Gosh, so much supernatural but just so much fun (it's because there was just so much supernatural that I knew it had great potential to be a great movie too)! But most importantly, no useless characters. Every character had badass-ness in them. I was watching with my friend and she read most of the books so it was a lot more fun to watch it since we knew stuff was going to happen but we were getting ahead of ourselves, bringing up stuff in the end when we're still at the beginning. ANYWAYS, I just hope the next movies will be great as well. 

It's because of all that stuff above that I can't exactly say that it's in between Twilight and Hunger Games since I thought this was a whole lot more awesome than the Hunger Games movie. Though, the plots are completely different. I think the major difference is due to the fact that the author didn't actually write the script, simply looked over to make sure it was all there and well written. However one thing that makes both HG and MI better is how there is a bigger story than a love story going on here.

Anyways, awesome ass movie, WATCH IT PEOPLE. I totally recommend it and I hope you'll feel the same about it. Maybe it's because I read the story that I know that it's awesome but yeah...if you have the opportunity, read the books first then watch it. Trust me, it's a hell lot more fun having read it first. And it'll definitely be tons more fun if you have a friend who also read and watches with you.

Hoooooo, I feel like I'm running on adreneline because I feel so excited to watch the next 3 movies (Book 2, Book 3.1 and 3.2).

Peace out!
tohukyo

PS I say trilogy because the main story is in the first three books. I have yet to read the ones after since I really think the writing could be better and they're extra stories kind of like "adventures after Clary, Jace, and friends save the world".

Oh and no hate please. I don't need people getting fussy with bashing

No comments:

Post a Comment