Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Quick Post--Kimi no Iru Machi COMPLETED!

This is just a quick post so it'll be short.

Just found out that Kimi no Iru Machi has officially been declared completed as a scanlated project at "volume 27" for about 2 months (it's not an actual volume but it'll come out as volume 27 as the end). Damn this ridiculously long and drawn out manga that I stopped after the "Tokyo reunion after the male lead craps on everyone to get back with the girl" Arc. (chapter 100-something) I think I'll attempt to try and reread the manga from the beginning and continue to the end now that I know it has officially ended. If memory serves me right, this manga is kind of like Ted from How I Met Your Mother where the male lead is kind of a man-slut except KNIM is more emotional based than physical despite Ted's emotional neediness (a difference in which I think age ie life experience is responsible for). It's actually not such a bad manga (despite me comparing him to a man-slut). This manga is like an harem manga but not as cliche as the general baseline for harem stories like...(don't punch me for this) Love Hina. In a way it is stomach-able but at the same time it makes you want to smack the crap out of a number of characters in it. I don't know if it got any worse after I stopped reading it (already felt like it was dragging on but I persevered until I could not) so maybe by the end it'll actually be more smacking of characters. Hmm....anyway, I can't believe it's finally laid to rest. Something I might get my hands into during the summer =)

Side note:
Seo Kouji not too long ago returned to Half & Half. I initially thought it was kind of like crap but for the most part, the plot is tweaked and the tone of the story seems different in the serialized version. Hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment