Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quick Post--MF Forums down?

Simple as the title is. I haven't been able to access Mangafox Forums in the last few days so I can't post any commentary on any mangas I have. I use batoto as well but still, Mangafox is my go-to place for manga discussions. Batoto has a comments section so it kind of becomes the unofficial forum for things like "latest chapter discussion thread"s. Anyway, I tried it out on three different browsers, all say "Server Error" and I can't check to see if it's my DNS I'm not tech-savvy enough. I also did one of those internet website status things (the sites where you paste the url of a site to see if it's just you and not anyone else who can't access it), according to that site I checked on, the forums aren't working for everyone. I don't know if that's true though. Well not such a big deal since I should be studying....

Tata...

____________________________________________________

UPDATE--Jan 26 (noon-ish)

MF forums are back up. It took like 2 or 3 days just to update the server format I guess. They added an activity log like on facebook which is lame because I don't need to know every single detail of what other people are doing and I don't need some person going to my profile seeing my activity (hence why I'm always in invisible mode on MF). The fact they brought down the server just for that is lame. "Dislike!"


____________________________________________________

UPDATE #2--Jan 26 (nearing midnight)

So according to the announcements, the server down for the forums was due to ridding of malware stuff (about time, chrome was high on alert for those) and for changing the forums (again-lame). So earlier this evening, I checked in on MF forums again (my profile) and not so much to my surprise, the activity log was removed. Wonder if that'll be permanent...But now, geez, they're still trying to fix things. If it's for the malware, go ahead but it seems like they're still messing with the formatting because now I'm seeing the customize profile stuff on my profile when I haven't even clicked on customize profile.


___________________________________________________

Update #3-Feb 6

It's ridiculous how much they screwed up the forums in the last couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tohu~ Luka here. I FINALLY READ ONE AND CRAZY LOVE STORY BY LEE VIN! (Since the MF personal profile page seems to be down, I realised I couldn't stand waiting for MF to be fixed and tried your blog.. forgive me if that sounds terribly stalkerish..) I was seriously blown away. LIke, at first, One seemed a bit like a meh story, and even by volume 4, I was still kinda skecptical about its worth. BUT THen I got closer to the end. I realised just how cleverly she (lee vin) had woven the relationships together, and how utterly complex, but realistic/exaggerated but nonetheless beautiful they were. I can't even begin to get started on the relationships. I love mangas which really do friendship justice. I love love love it, the friendship between the trio one, the friendship between jenny and joon, between jenny and eun. It's so nice to see that 2 girls can love each other simply by being friends, just as it's wonderful to see friendship between a boy and a girl. and jenny.. how to begin?!! I hated her so much at first. She irritated me right up till the 5th volume. But all of a sudden, I completely rooted for her, I loved everything about her, even the very things I hated about her in the first place. The very things I hated about her had made her stronger, didn’t make her any less able to love, to be kind. I think Im still in fangirl mode haha. Kya, that penultimate last page (or near it anyway) "Why did you do that? Why didn't you tell them the truth?" "Because I knew that only when I lost everything, would you come back to me." That was such a line which made me stop and just marvel at it for a while. It just struck so poignantly.
    Crazy love story.. was crazy. It was such a bumpy rollarcoaster. Everything seemed surreal, and I couldn’t get it out of my head for ages. Was Jimmy real? Surely he was? But was him being real relevant? Did it make a difference? That gun thing, which was meant to symbolise it was all in her head? Wahh, it’s still doing my head in. But that’s the beauty of lee vin’s work with those two… there are so many layers to it, that it starts to become impossible to just take it face value. I feel the need to swoop below all of it, trying to find my way to reality. Haha, Im starting to write paragraphs again. It’s been ages since I’ve fallen for great manga. Thank you so much for the suggest :D
    BTW, have you ever read cheese in the trap? If you haven’t I love it so much but I don’t have anyone to fangirl/discuss it with :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey Lazuli. It's been some time.
      Ah...I know, I know what you mean. ONE is so amazingly written. The complexity of how the story was put together! Yeah, the friendship between the three of them is great but I think it mainly has to do with two amazing yet misunderstood people finding one person to bond with and then all three bond together. What I loved a lot about this manga is the development of Jenny and Eumpa. I felt like they were the main characters and both were struggling to find a way to play the music they were passionate about their way. As for that line you quoted, I had to reskim where it was from and yeah, I know what you mean. Eumpa is such a romantic and it's great how he walks to the beat of his own drum. From the very beginning, he was trying to defy the system that was trying to force him to conform and now he's succeeded in building his own world.
      As for Crazy Love Story. Yeah...when I read it, I was just so flabbergasted scene after scene. Surreal perfectly sums up the story.I know what you mean about Jimmy. I questioned his existence myself when I finished reading too.
      And no problem. I love it when people find enjoyment in the mangas I also enjoy. It's too bad people don't actually give mangas like Lee Vin's a chance simply because the art isn't as pleasant. It's as you said, "impossible to just take it face value." For me, ONE is kind of right up there with Kare Kano and Mars in how they're all complex and written with great care. I think I'll need to reread Crazy Love Story a few more times and then I'll consider if it's right up there with those three.

      And no, I haven't read cheese in the trap yet. What is it about? If you prefer I find out myself then I could do that but I like to offer the chance for someone to sell the product =)

      Delete