Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Irrelevant Randomness

This is completely irrelevant to manga and I should be studying/reading (midterm paper to do and exams) but whilst reading, my mind can venture off into random thoughts. I suddenly thought, I want to see episodes of Pink Lipstick, the South Korean Drama (I don't know why I specified when NK doesn't release any of the dramas it makes if it does make it) with Ha Jae Bum (actor Park Kwang Hyun) in it. Even though the drama was just excruciatingly long and also very soap opera-y Ha Jae Bum who wasn't the main character, totally made the drama lighten up with his heartiness and loving character. It really pulled me through a few years ago when I watched all 149 (30 minute) episodes with a prologue that was extremely long and painful to watch (was really bored and just felt like suffering through it). My sister was smart and just skipped episodes. The episodes with Ha Jae Bum really tugged at my heart strings. I can just remember how emotional I got when I go to the more heart breaking episodes towards the end. (As well as the disgust when his old man uncle/dad was cozying up to the young woman Jae Bum fancied....) Anyways, it's be awesome if there was some way to easily find those episodes starring him.

OH and a little environmental spiel for the sake of irrelevant randomness.
People have to realize that the world is disintegrating. In the last half century or so, we're killed more of the earth than ever before like cancer on high (if that makes sense). I hope people are more environmentally aware. Every little bit helps-recycling, reusing paper and such, (esp) conserving water, and all that knick-knack. Now what brought this on? Well here where I live, we're in drought conditions. Even though it's been raining some, our water supply is on the down low (way below, like almost 10%) and we produce a lot of commodities. Do you know how much water paper uses? How much water is used to make a single sheet of paper? I got really irked when my coworker (also a student like me but he does the more menial stuff and doesn't get the job done as well as I did when I was in that position last year)...when my coworker was printing a shit load of stuff for some undergrad or grad student and didn't even bother printing back to back. I don't care if it takes longer to print back to back. It's a sheer waste of paper and water when we're in emergency conservation right now!! Being a college student, for many, makes us hermits in a closed world (unless we let ourselves remain in tact w/ the rest of the world)  so I realize my colleagues may not know what the rest of the world is up to but seriously, we're in the 21st century, it's time to clean up our act even if you contribute a little. Haven't you seen An Inconvenient Truth? (If not one of the most memorable quotes that is a requote:) "The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences." Sir Winston Churchill. Well that's it and that's my spiel =D Please be as environmental as you can. Also recycling-you can't recycle containers contaminated by food. People don't know that in my school apparently which makes it totally useless to have recycling bins in dining areas IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment