Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

VS [Versus] Manga

Hi everyone,

I almost forgot about my weekly post because I was busy cleaning up and doing laundry, not to mention it's the weekend of finals week!

Alright so today, I don't have a topic to discuss-it's more like an announcement.

A few days ago, I was reminiscing in some mangas and among them was VS [Versus] by Yamada Keiko. 

I really love this music manga. I especially love the fact that it's not popular culture music but classical music which is probably huge reason why it's a favorite. CONTAINS SPOILERS.

The story is very interesting and intriguing.

First of all, the protagonist is male named Reiji who is kind of cynical as well as pretty self-centered. He is a genius prodigy violinist and for that, it's forgivable that he's the way he is. However there is also a personal trauma for his personality and his only weapon to fight (as well as his heaven) is his violin. Reiji belongs to a broken household with an abusive father. Now, with his talent, he could simply run right? No, he can't--his dear angel little sister is the hostage to this trauma and since all he can do is play while knowing she is taking the abuse of their father, all he hopes to do is someday save them both from this terror with the violin. Of course he doesn't get so far with just his talent since the emotional expression isn't something as easily obtained as technique if for a genius like himself. With the help of a once renown violinist, he will find a passion for the violin again instead of the vision of salvation he has to escape his broken home. 

Well I hope I didn't make it sound cheesy but this is a little taste of what I think about this manga. 

Now, why am I saying so much about this manga? Well, I'm considering to work on this manga as a slow personal scanlating project. I have the Chinese raws on hand and I've done some cleaning work for some groups but I've never typeset so maybe this will be personal training of some sort. Anyways, that's my announcement. I hope I will see it through but I won't be starting on it until maybe a week or two from now. 

For more information on this manga:

That's all folks, until next week,
tohukyo

P.S. I have finals this week as well as having to move out of my dorm so I don't know if I'll make it on time for next week's post. I might do it earlier or later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment